EPDM is a closed-cell synthetic rubber possessing good UV stability, wear/degradation rate and physical properties. It is great for vibration damping and has a superior level of airtightness as well as resistance against moisture.
Properties of EPDM:
- Wear and degradation resistance
- Good resistance to UV rays
- Suitable for outdoor applications
- Wide processing temperature range
- Good mechanical / physical properties
- Sealing (water, air, dust)
- Automotive industry
- Electrical engineering
Types of EPDM:
Gumipen is a closed-cell EPDM foam that contains no sulphur.
Semi - open cell EPDM
Gumipen/OC is a semi-open cell foamed EPDM rubber.
EPDM foam 2A3 is a closed-cell EPDM foam of higher hardness and density than rubber foam. It is used in the automotive industry and in other more demanding applications.